Pollo: downloading and installing
- Make sure you have a recent Java version installed, 1.3.1 or (preferably)
- Download the most recent Pollo release from
here. You only need to download the file ending on
The other file contains Pollo's source code.
- Extract the zip file.
- Go to the
bin subdirectory in the pollo directory
- Depending on the platform, execute either
- The pollo.bat and pollo.sh files assume that the right version
of the java executable is available in your PATH. Try
- On some older Windows system, you may get an error like 'Out of
environment space'. This is because the pollo.bat sets a quite large environment
variable (Java's classpath). To solve this, enlarge the environment space
(consult your documentation or the internet if you don't know how).
- If you don't have an unzip utility, but you have the Java JDK installed,
you can use the jar utility to unzip the file:
jar xvf pollo-[version]-bin.zip
- If you can't get Pollo running, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
describing your problem.